SEED COUNTER ELMOR C1, COUNTER FOR VARIOUS SMALL PARTS
The seed counter elmor C1 is a universal counting machine for small and irregularly shaped parts, such as:
- Finest plant seeds
- Vegetable seeds
- Cereals, Corn, Rice, Canola
- Insects, Pupae
- Pharmaceuticals, pills, casules
- Gems, diamonds and precious stones
- Small mechanical parts
- Counter for small parts from 0.2 to 18 mm in diameter (*)
- Cylindrical parts can have a length of up to 20 mm (*)
- Only one adjustable conveyor bowl is used for the whole size range
- Conveyor bowl: anodised Aluminium, sorting element FS-0. Other bowls and sorting elements available on request
- Display and preset range of the counter: 0 to 99’999
- Modes of operation: Preset counter, Totaliser
- The conveyor speed is reduced shortly before reaching the desired quantity to achieve a high dosing accuracy
- External connections allow the combination of the seed counter C1 with other devices, e.g. packaging machines.
Typical performance data for spherical parts of 2mm diameter:
- Counting speed: about 50’000 parts per hour
- Counting error: 1/10’000 for clean, easy to separate parts
Modes of operation:
- Preset counter
(*) other sizes on request
All these products have in common that it is difficult and time consuming to count them manually. Either they are irregular shaped or they are very light or very small. For this reason, the quantification of these parts has its limits in practice. Manual counting is hardly possible anymore and the determination of the number of pieces by weight is flawed for small and light parts.
The seed counter elmor C1 is especially suitable for counting such parts precisely in small to medium quantities piece by piece. Important applications of the elmor seed counter C1 are the repetitive, exact counting of a preselected number of parts or the conventional determination of the 1000 grain weight according to ISO 520.
With the seed counter elmor C1, parts with diameters from 0.3 mm to approx. 18 mm can be counted. All sizes can be processed with same adjustable conveyor bowl. Different containers for differently sized products are not required. A version with an external, larger conveyor, the elmor C1 MAXI, is available for parts with diameters up to 25 mm.
The seed counter elmor C1 is characterized by its robust construction and a simple, fool-proof operation. The large, bright LED display is easy to read even in daylight. The count signal is processed by a microprocessor which allows also the detection of parts with particularly difficult shapes. The elmor C1 is equipped with terminals for remote control so that it can be combined, for example with packaging and filling machines.
The elmor C1 seed counter is the successor to our model 600, which was manufactured between 1980 and 2000 and is still in use today. The new seed counter elmor C1 combines modern electronics with the proven key components that were already responsible in the previous model for long durability and unmatched accuracy. The elmor C1 can be described with attributes such as longevity, durability, robustness and reliability – this for many years.
Variants of the elmor C1 and comparison with other elmor counters:
- elmor C1 PHARMA: Similar to the standard C1, but all parts that come in contact with the counted product are made of FDA conformal materials. An internal function test can be added on request for GMP compliant counting tasks.
- elmor C1 MAXI: Similar to the standard C1, but with an external, larger conveyor. With the C1 MAXI, parts up to 25mm width can be processed.
- elmor C3: The most sensitive counter on the market (as of January 2020). With the elmor C3 parts of 0.1mm or even smaller can be counted. The entire counter is controlled by a PC. Setting data and count results are stored for further use or for retraceability.
- elmor CX: the particle sensor and the conveyor are similar to the standard C1. The elmor CX can be fully controlled by a PLC. It is frequently used in multi-head counting systems in combination with packaging machines.
Accessories for the Seed Counter elmor C1
The C1 counting machine is the central part of a system that can be adapted for many different applications. Some variants are standardized available, such as:
- Conveyor bowls for specific tasks
- Counter with dual product outlet
Automatic seed weight sorter
- Filling carousel for bags and/or vials
Filling adapter for containers
- Dust cover
- Receipt printer
- Feeder / hopper with a few litres storage volume
If your application can not be covered with these accessories, please contact us so that we can propose you a customized solution.
elmor Green Design
Our label for:
- high energy efficiency
- no standby power loss
- most components may be recycled
- production without solvents, ROHS conformity