The elmor CX counter module is mostly used as dosing unit on packaging machines. The open constructed counting head has a narrow width. Thus, multihead dosing systems can be realized easily also in tight spaces.
The CX counter module consists of two parts: the counting head with conveying unit and sensor and the control unit. The control unit of the CX counting module is completely remote controlled via a PLC.
The technical data of the CX counter module are quite similar to the data of our C1 seed counter.
Dosing module with 4 counter heads
With courtesy of: Tempel Verpakkingstechniek (NL)
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Countable parts: 0.2 to 18 mm in diameter
- Cylindrical parts up to 20 mm length
- All sizes are counted with the same adjustable conveyor bowl; for parts with extreme shapes or sizes the sorting element can be customized
- The conveying speed can slow down automatically shortly before reaching the desired amount to achieve a high dosing accuracy.
Spherical parts of 2 mm diameter have the following performance values:
- Counting speed around 50,000 pieces per hour
- Counting error: 1 per thousand or less
The counting range and the count modes are determined by the PLC
Accessories for the elmor Seed Counter module CX
The parts to be counted are transported in a vibrating conveyor and are singularised by means of a sorting element. Both the conveyor bowl as well as the sorting element can be selected among different variants , depending on the properties of the product to be counted.
A) Standard conveyor bowl made of anodised Aluminium with universal – sorting element FS0. FS0 is manually adjustable for all part sizes from 0.1 to 18 mm in diameter.
B) Special sorting elements instead of FS0:
- FS1, manually adjustable, optimised for cereals, rice, paddy and products of similar shape and size
- FS2: manually adjustable, optimised for corn, soybeans, peas, beans and products with similar shape and size
- FS3: fine-drive adjustable in height and width, for very flat seeds or flat mechanical parts with the following dimensions: width: 0.5 to 10 mm, height: 0.5 – 8 mm, maximum length: 20 mm
C) Special conveyor bowl with additional lateral opening for mechanically eliminating of accompanying substances, suitable for corn, cereals, soybean, paddy, etc. The height of this opening can be adjusted from 0 to 5 mm and allows unwanted accompanying substances laterally
be sorted out. Not suitable for parts smaller than 1 mm in diameter. Can be used with sorting elements FS0, FS1, FS2, or FS3 combined.
D) To meet the needs of various industries, the conveyor bowls can be made of other materials . These bowls are for example extremely impact resistant or correspond to the rules of the FDA, etc. Such trays can be made from various basic materials like Titanium, PEEK, Polyamide and others.
E) The standard aluminum bowls can be treated or coated in order to satisfy specific requirements. With increased mechanical stress or when in contact with food, the surface can be hard anodized. A hard coating of nickel has a high surface hardness and is FDA approved, Polyurethane (PU) coating permits rapid transport of heavy mechanical parts and prevents noise and wear. Again, FDA approved materials can be used.
F) Feeder Bowl with vertical outlet: Short cycle times are possible, as the seeds leave the bowl after a short run time. Advantageous when many different lots must be processed, often used for the fast 1000 grain weight measurement. Used for seeds which can be easily singularised like Crop, Soy, Corn, Canola etc. The seeds should have a diameter of 2 mm or more. Volume 0.8 litres, or about 2500 kernels of Corn.
Feeding Conveyor elmor 610
Feeding conveyor and storage hopper for automatic refilling of the conveyor bowl of the counting machine elmor CX
elmor Green Design
Our label for:
- high energy efficiency
- no standby power loss
- most components may be recycled
- production without solvents, ROHS conformity